RELENTLESS SUZUKI TRIO UPBEAT AT CARTAGENA TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RELENTLESS SUZUKI TRIO UPBEAT AT CARTAGENA TEST
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing continues its pre-season BSB test at the Cartagena circuit in Spain, upbeat with team riders Josh Brookes, Guy Martin and Alastair Seeley all getting to grips with their GSX-R1000s and the Supersport GSX-R600 today.

Seeley has gelled impressively with the all-new GSX-R600 that he will campaign in this season's British Supersport series; Josh Brookes has dipped under his best-ever time at the Cartagena circuit with consummate ease on his GSX-R1000 Superbike; and Guy Martin is 'steady away' - as he put it - working on his Superbike and Superstock Suzukis.

Josh Brookes:

"It's good to start somewhere and try different things, so I've been working away with the guys, who made a few changes yesterday to see how I would react. It's all been very calculated and we've been going in the right direction and learning all the time. I found more grip today with the rear, as a result of one particular change; and tomorrow I'll be chasing a bit more front-end feel as I like to really push the front - that's how I ride. To be honest, I've been riding fairly reserved, for the simple reason that we're here to try different settings and not smash the bike to bits and hurt myself. I couldn't be happier with the circumstances and am looking forward to tomorrow."

Alastair Seeley:

"This 600 just gets better and better and within three days we are posting some impressive lap times - it really is a dream to ride. I'm nearly finished on the GSX-R600 for this test, as tomorrow I need to put some time into the Superstock bike. I've been out on track doing my own thing and for my first time back riding, and on a new bike, I'll be leaving here very happy. I've also enjoyed the team atmosphere on this test with everyone working well together."

Guy Martin:

"It's been steady away 'Boy'... steady away. We are making good headway and are not bothered with the stopwatch. We've had three days working very hard on the Superbike and just tonight at the end, we gave the 'stock bike a run out. I've found some good direction with both bikes and tomorrow we'll concentrate on the Superstocker. It's all looking 'Grand'."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's all very positive. Alastair has taken to the new GSX-R600 like a 'duck to water' and although he's been very impressive over the three days, we need to remind ourselves, Josh is really only familiarising himself with the Suzuki Superbike at Cartagena. He has been testing different chassis and engine settings and he already feels very comfortable with the bike. He did dip under his best ever lap time at the circuit, significantly, but we are honestly not interested in lap times. In saying that, it is amusing to see that the Cartagena pre-season test continues to produce some very fast stopwatches! Guy has been working away at his own thing ticking boxes with engine and chassis set-ups and seems happy also."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Website Find Reply