Cummins Happy with Progress at Cartagena
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Cummins Happy with Progress at Cartagena
[Image: blackhorsekawasaki.gif]

Conor Cummins has declared himself all set and ready to go for the 2011 season after completing his first test since his Isle of Man TT accident in June last year. Two months after losing his crutches, Conor completed his landmark test with the team at Cartagena, Spain riding the exciting new Blackhorse Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R that he will campaign in this year's National Superstock 1000cc Championship. Although naturally rusty and tentative in those early laps, Conor was able to quicken his pace steadily throughout the four days of testing and successfully complete the first stage of his comeback.

It was a very a positive first outing at Cartagena. In total he completed over 70 laps and is now eagerly looking forward to getting to the next test in preparation for the opening Superstock round at Brands Hatch over the Easter weekend.

[Image: conorcartagena.jpg]

Speaking on his return to the UK, Conor said;

"I felt a bit awkward on the bike but it's the first time I've been on one since the accident and the trip to Spain was simply about getting some mileage in. I've been doing as much gym work as possible but it's going to take time before I'm back to the level I was at but I was really chuffed to be able to do more than what I thought I'd be capable of. Like I say, I wasn't looking at the times, I just did as many laps as I could and kept coming in an out of the pits to change things on the ZX-10R. Obviously, I'm not up to full speed yet but it's an impressive bit of kit and for a Superstock bike to have so many bits and pieces on is mega and I'm really looking forward to when I can ride it at full pace."

"My surgeon gave me the all clear the day before I left so I just jumped on the plane, had a nights sleep and then got out on the bike. Mentally, I was fine and wasn't as nervous as what I'd thought I'd be and the icing on the cake was being able to get out in each session. I can't bend my knee fully yet and it was a bit stiff but considering what it's been through it wasn't bad at all whilst my arm feels weak particularly around the tricep area but I'll get there. Everything's getting better with each and every day and I'm just delighted to be back out on the track again so I'll continue to train hard and look forward to getting out on track again in early April."

Conor's next outings will be at the official BSB test sessions at Brands Hatch and Snetterton in April whilst the opening round of the National Superstock 1000cc Championship takes place at Brands over the Easter weekend, April 22-25.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Website Find Reply