Lowes front running at Donington
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes front running at Donington
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

PARKALGAR HONDA’S Sam Lowes is provisionally second on the grid for Sunday's second round of the World Supersport Championship at Donington Park after dominating the time sheets for most of the day - and he has plenty more time to come.

Portuguese racer Miguel Praia finished 19th After struggling to come to terms with the circuit. There are further practice and qualifying sessions tomorrow before the race takes place at 1330GMT on Sunday, 27th March.

Sam:

"I am happy with that, especially because I was distracted by slower riders on my fast laps, there is plenty more to come if I get a clear run tomorrow. My Parkalgar Honda is working well and there are two of us clear of the rest of the field which suits me fine if that happens in the race. It's been a very positive day."

Miguel:

"The new Fogarty Esses are very strange for me, I am not getting through them as fast as I should - they are difficult. Also, I am struggling for grip, even when I am on new tyres. I am not happy with qualification but I am not sure what is wrong either, we must now work very hard to make improvements and we will have a plan for tomorrow."

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager:

"Sam is on the pace and looking good. He was held up by slower riders on his fast laps but remained calm and focussed and goes into tomorrow in a strong position.

"Miguel is taking time to get used to the circuit and needs to have a clear plan and focus for tomorrow because he should be qualifying in the top 10. He has the bike, the team and the ability - he now needs to dig deep within himself and we will support him any way that we can."

Qualifying times

1. Luca Scassa?(Yamaha ParkinGO Team)?Yamaha YZF R6?1'31.232

2. Sam Lowes?(Parkalgar Honda)?Honda CBR600RR?1'31.368

3. Broc Parkes?(Kawasaki Motocard.com)?Kawasaki ZX-6R?1'31.823

4. David Salom?(Kawasaki Motocard.com)?Kawasaki ZX-6R?1'31.963

5. Chaz Davies?(Yamaha ParkinGO Team)?Yamaha YZF R6?1'32.005

6. Gino Rea?(Step Racing Team)?Honda CBR600RR?1'32.080

7. Robbin Harms?(Harms Benjan Racing Team)?Honda CBR600RR?1'32.136

8. James Ellison?(Bogdanka PTR Honda)?Honda CBR600RR?1'32.258

9. Massimo Roccoli?(Lorenzini by Leoni)?Kawasaki ZX-6R?1'32.501

10. Fabien Foret?(Hannspree Ten Kate Honda)?Honda CBR600RR?1'32.707

19. Miguel Praia?(Parkalgar Honda)?Honda CBR600RR?1'34.186
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Website Find Reply