Ellison targets front row start
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison targets front row start
[Image: bogdankahdr.jpg]

BOGDANKA PTR HONDA racer, James Ellison is looking for a front row start at Donington Park after running comfortably at the sharp end on day one of the second World Supersport round.

The British rider was fifth in the opening practice on his home soil and eighth in the first qualifying session after spending most of the day well inside the top four. Polish rider Pawel Szkopek ended the day 18th on the provisional grid after reacquainting himself with the Donington Park circuit ahead of Sunday's race.

James Ellison:

“It was a good day. I was up at the sharp end until I hit traffic in the last 10 minutes and I’m a bit disappointed with eighth but we have a lot of potential. Every time I left the garage I went quicker and we have both the speed and consistency so I’m fairly confident. I’m not pushing to the limit yet, the bike is working really good – we haven’t actually changed anything major all day, so the front row is possible tomorrow and if I don’t get it, I’ll be very disappointed.”

[Image: bogdankadonny1.jpg]

Pawel Szkopek:

"It was a steady day for me and I’m quite pleased with it. I was focusing on improving myself and the bike. After the practice session we’ve changed some small things in the front suspension and I was able to go a full second faster in the qualifying session. My lap time was quite good and so was my position today but I think I can improve that further tomorrow and I’m looking forward to it.”

Simon Buckmaster:

“It was a pretty good day for us. James is eighth quickest and he’s right there in contention to challenge for a podium finish after consistently being in the top four. Pawel hasn’t ridden here for two years but both riders made significant improvements over the course of the day and we’re looking forward to building on that strong start tomorrow in the second qualifying session.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Website Find Reply