Hi malcolm,

Did we have a "spammer" ?.
26-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Spammer
Yes Pat, yet again our Chinese "friends" are having a go, as well as the Indians, Bangladeshi's, Indonesians and Filippinos, plus quite a few from the USA.

We get attempts to break in to the forum every day and usually it is only either one posting at a time or a robot attempt to register..

We do have security enabled to minimize the attacks, however as you will be aware, the more you try to stop it, the more they try to get around whatever it is that has been put in place.

Unfortunately, human vigilance is the only way to maintain a clean forum and that means that I have to be here every single day of the year in order to try and keep the forums free from such rubbish.

Malcolm
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(26-03-2011, 10:29 PM)Malcolm Wrote: Yes Pat, yet again our Chinese "friends" are having a go, as well as the Indians, Bangladeshi's, Indonesians and Filippinos, plus quite a few from the USA.

We get attempts to break in to the forum every day and usually it is only either one posting at a time or a robot attempt to register..

We do have security enabled to minimize the attacks, however as you will be aware, the more you try to stop it, the more they try to get around whatever it is that has been put in place.

Unfortunately, human vigilance is the only way to maintain a clean forum and that means that I have to be here every single day of the year in order to try and keep the forums free from such rubbish.

Thanks for all you do Malcolm to keep the site "clean", from the spammers. I for one did not realize it was basically a full time job.
Malcolm
27-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5
(27-03-2011, 05:27 PM)pat slinn Wrote:
(26-03-2011, 10:29 PM)Malcolm Wrote: Yes Pat, yet again our Chinese "friends" are having a go, as well as the Indians, Bangladeshi's, Indonesians and Filippinos, plus quite a few from the USA.

Thanks for all you do Malcolm to keep the site "clean", from the spammers. I for one did not realize it was basically a full time job.
Malcolm

I never knew that there were so many 'attacks' on the site. I wonder why do people do it? Are they just bored 'clever' computer enthusiasts?
It does worry you how many serious 'attacks' there must be on military defence computer systems.
27-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Find Reply