Rockingham
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rockingham
Was watching BSB at Rockingham this afternoon and as a road racing fan the place doesnt appeal to me, even Hizzy when interviewed said it reminds him of a Tesco car park.
30-06-2002, 05:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Rockingham
I'll be very disappointed if next year some circuits get two rounds and the likes of Knockhill gets the boot. Apart from the fact that it's a British championship, the Knockhill round is the only time that some people up north get a chance to see the top riders. I get the funny feeling that these factors don't come into the equation these days and I'll give you one guess what's the main factor.

Harvey T.
(This post was last modified: 30-06-2015, 08:29 PM by Malcolm.)
30-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heard tonight that the crowd at Rockingham was only 15,000 sounds increadible. When you consider that its at least 20,000 + elswhere and thats only the figure thats disclosed ! Must admit the place does nothing to attract me. Hope it doesn`t boil down to pounds, shillings and pence but sadly it kind of looks that way ?
30-06-2002, 10:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

it looks like Daytona without the personality! Didn't think much of Daytona either.
30-06-2002, 11:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Harvey at the end of the day you are correct! Knockhill are just pricing themselves out of the market, The way its going we will be lucky if the scottish Championship continues much longer. Hopefully this new track at Edzel will be sorted soon.
But as for the British Championship not coming to Knockhill! I think this would be a good idea then certain people would realise that there is more to the circuit than just sheer profit. And maybe start taking the general public's view in to account and give us a break!
Instead of trying to empty our wallets every time we go there.
We as a whole dont get value for money now

Cheers JOHN
02-07-2002, 09:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

John, I think you've picked me up wrong. I think it's knockhill that's getting pushed out of the market, in other words Knockhill is being priced out, although I could be wrong.

Harvey T.
02-07-2002, 11:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't understand why they use joke circuits like that when there is a fantastic circuit up here at Croft. They say they won't race there because of the barriers what about Rockingham then, ask Hizzy he knows all about the barriers and at Croft the section with barriers quite close is relatively slow. I think it is about time they used it. Fans would love it banks to stand on a complex that you are over teh top of and for the riders slow corners extremely fast flatout corners with an absolutely flat out esses.
03-07-2002, 10:28 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like Croft, the tracks in good condition and spectator facilities look good especially with the banking's. Somehow, I get the funny idea that even if there were no barriers, Croft would still struggle to get a round the way things are going.

Dont know about joke circuits, some of the best riders over the past few years have come through many a knockhill season. I think there's got to be room for all kinds of circuits, especially up north and that includes Croft.

Harvey T.
03-07-2002, 01:25 PM