SAMSUNG CRESCENT TEST AT CROFT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SAMSUNG CRESCENT TEST AT CROFT
[Image: suzukiplainhdr.jpg]

The Samsung Crescent Racing team has visited the Croft circuit as it continues preparations in the lead-up to the 2011 British Superbike Championship, which gets underway at Brands Hatch over the Easter Weekend.

Both John Hopkins and Jon Kirkham were on track in what was an open test day at the North Yorkshire circuit. Each put in 65 laps, finishing the day without mishap.

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

"Today was relatively low-key. We were looking to give Hopper a chance for some track learning and for JK more time and experience in riding a full-spec Superbike around British circuits.

"There was a lot of traffic, much of it a lot slower than our boys can circulate, so it wasn't a day to be setting fast times. All the same Hopper still found plenty to adjust to after last weekend racing MotoGP on the comparative billiard table of Jerez. Hopper was saying his GSX-R1000 was bucking him around a fair bit - that's British circuit racing for you!

"JK had another good day; he continues to impress with how he's adapting to the Superbike. He's smooth, doesn't over-ride the bike; using a good rhythm to make his impressive lap times.

"So it was a productive day for both riders. We're looking forward to our final tests next week before the racing proper gets underway in a fortnight's time."

[Image: johnkirkham1.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
09-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Website Find Reply