Lowes and Praia rate Assen
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes and Praia rate Assen
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

PARKALGAR HONDA'S Miguel Praia is looking to turn Assen into one of his favourite tracks when he visits it for the third round of the World Supersport Championship this weekend.

The Portuguese Parkalgar Honda racer is coming from a confidence inspiring 11th place at the previous round and is looking to improve at Assen with a season best result.

Parkalgar Honda's Sam Lowes is upbeat and buoyant about his chances at Assen, a firm favourite circuit. There is practice and qualifying sessions at the circuit on Friday and Saturday before the race takes place at 1330 CET on Sunday, April 17th.

Miguel:

"I have been discussing with my Parkalgar Honda team why I am missing a bit of speed going through fast corners compared to last year - and we think we have an answer we can test at Assen. I want a good Assen - in the past it has not been the kindest track to me but I like it and I want to put it on the map as good place for me."

Sam:

"I literally can't wait; I've been to Assen in 2008 and I really liked it. The fast flowing corners really suit my riding style. I can't wait to get there and we've been fast everywhere we have been so my speed is good. Only one corner has changed since I was there and it is not as tight so that is better for me."

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager:

"We have got one of the fastest riders in the Championship with Sam Lowes and we are looking for an over-due victory in 2011. It is a case of when we win, not if we win.

"Miguel has had a difficult start to the season but 11th at Donington Park from a 20th place start has lifted his confidence and we want to build on that. He is capable of getting inside the top 10 and that is what we are aiming for at Assen."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Website Find Reply