Ellison and Szkopek hoping for Dutch delight
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison and Szkopek hoping for Dutch delight
[Image: bogdankahdr.jpg]

THE Bogdanka PTR Honda Team heads to the "Cathedral" of motorcycle racing at Assen in the Netherlands looking for a strong result in the third round of the World Supersport Championship this weekend.

James Ellison expects to be running at the front again after showing podium potential at the last race at Donington Park, while his Polish teammate, Pawel Szkopek, hopes to be fighting for a point scoring finish.

The duo will be joined by a Polish youngster, 20-year-old Marcin Walkowiak, who will start his second season in the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup at Assen, riding the Bogdanka PTR Honda CBR1000RR.

James Ellison:

"Assen is fantastic. It's one of my favourite circuits on the calendar. It's a fast and flowing circuit and even after the changes, it still stands out above everything else. After the injury at Phillip Island we've made a good step at Donington Park and shown podium potential so we need to do it again this weekend and be at the sharp end."

Pawel Szkopek:

"I haven't ridden at Assen since 2005 but it's a fast and flowing circuit which I've always really enjoyed. After the crash at Donington Park my hand is a lot better and not really a problem anymore. We know where we can improve and I'm really looking forward to finishing the race, hopefully in the points."

Marcin Walkowiak:

"I can't wait to get my second season in the Cup started. Assen is not my favourite track but it's fast and technical and I like that about it. I'm starting the season a lot better prepared than last year, knowing the tracks, having more experience and a great team behind me, so I'm really excited."

Simon Buckmaster:

"James is getting faster and faster with every outing and we fully expect him to be competing at the front of the race at Assen - he is fully motivated and knows what needs to be done.

"Pawel crashed out at the end of the previous round and he will want to make amends in Holland. He has shown points scoring potential and now we are looking for him to deliver.

"A big welcome to Marcin to the team and we have high hopes for him in the Superstock 1000 class - he has talent and now a fantastic bike that we have prepared for him. We are looking forward to competing with him and start out with the aim to score points at Assen and build from there."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Website Find Reply