MARTIN TO DEBUT AT BRANDS HATCH BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARTIN TO DEBUT AT BRANDS HATCH BSB
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Guy Martin will make his debut for Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing at the Easter weekend British Superbike Championship opener at Brands Hatch in Kent, alongside Australian Josh Brookes, who will also be making his debut in Relentless Suzuki colours.

Whilst this will be the start of Brookes' BSB campaign, Martin will use the Easter weekend to gain valuable time on his GSX-R1000 Superbike prior to the two main events on his International Road Racing calendar: the Relentless International North West 200 in May and the Isle of Man TT Races in June.

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"The later-than-normal start to the season has already provided Guy with some great opportunities to spend time on track familiarising himself with our full range of GSX-R machinery that he will be using during our International Road Racing campaign. However, pairing Guy with Josh for the opening Superbike race at Brands Hatch is a perfect way for us to understand how Guy reacts to some set-up changes in a race situation.

"The considerable amount of track time available throughout the four days at Brands and competing against the best riders in British Championship will enable Guy to really bring himself up to speed on the Superbike; and although our goals are not necessarily results-based, I'm sure Guy will be setting himself some personal targets over the four days.

"I'd like to thank MSVR for accepting our application for a wild card entry to this event, as the opportunity really does allow Guy to remind everyone that he is a motorcycle racer, who can ride on circuits as well as he can on the roads. This opportunity should help him prepare for his debut season with us in the best possible way."

[Image: guymprebrands.jpg]

Guy Martin:

"I've been to the moon and back testing which is fantastic as I have never enjoyed so much pre-season track time before. However, practice is all right but you can't beat a bit of racing, so I'm really looking forward to the chance of getting back out on track at Brands Hatch - and to do this in the BSB class is just perfect.

"I'm already quite familiar with the GSX-R1000 Superbike however, but this gives us the opportunity to work on some finer detail set-up stuff, which will no doubt come in handy throughout the season."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Website Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
RE: MARTIN TO DEBUT AT BRANDS HATCH BSB
That aint Guy Martin in the Picture, hes to clean
13-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Find Reply