Honda TT Legends secure seventh on the Bol d'Or grid
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda TT Legends secure seventh on the Bol d'Or grid
[Image: hondalegendslogo.jpg]

The Honda TT Legends team will start the Bol d’Or from seventh on the grid after the second qualifying session at Magny-Cours in France this afternoon.

Road racing experts John McGuinness, Steve Plater and Keith Amor took to the track one-by-one in an attempt to set the fastest times possible in a field of over 50 teams. The best lap time from each rider across the two qualifying sessions is used to calculate a final average time for the team, which in turn determines the grid position.

Plater managed to shave three quarters of a second off yesterday’s result to help secure a 1:42.879 average for the Honda TT Legends – enough to jump one place in the standings for a seventh place start in tomorrow’s 24-hour race. For real-time updates follow @HondaTTLegends on Twitter

John McGuinness

It doesn’t matter so much if you’re fourth, fifth, sixth or seventh in this game but it’s nice to be in the top ten that’s for sure. Qualifying has not been without its problems but hopefully we can put that behind us now and we can have a smooth race. The main objective for us as a new team is to finish the race and if we can keep up the pace we’re at for 24 hours we might even place in the top ten, which would be the icing on the cake.

Steve Plater

Grid position is not too important for the Honda TT Legends team but it is good for the whole team that we have achieved seventh. There is a lot of hard work ahead for the crew this afternoon, preparing for the race and getting everything in order. We do want to be competitive but the overall aim is to get through the race without too many unplanned pit stops, stick to our systems and finish.

Keith Amor

A grid position anywhere in the top 15 would have been good so we are pleased with seventh, although its not the most important thing for the team. Steve was quick today and I think he was the one who boosted the times for us. We tried a few different things with the set up ready for the race and I’m looking forward to it. It feels like we have a long wait ahead now!

[Image: amorboldor.jpg]
Keith Amor in qualifying at Bol d'Or

Neil Tuxworth, team manager

Bearing in mind that we are still at an early development stage, the systems we have in place are working well and a seventh place start is not bad at all. I am pleased with the rider line-up – particularly Keith who has again worked hard to close the gap between himself, Steve and John. It is now the time to focus on the mechanical side of the team and the Fireblade. We'll use the valuable preparation time left before the race to iron out any remaining issues and gain confidence in all the different components required to complete the race. It should be interesting, that’s for sure.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Website Find Reply