Lowes super second on Dutch grid
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes super second on Dutch grid
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

PARKALGAR HONDA'S Sam Lowes scored second on the grid for tomorrow's third round of the World Supersport Championship and has race winning potential.

Miguel Praia on his Parkalgar Honda will start from 14th after improving his lap time so he is optimistic for the race, which starts at 1330CET tomorrow, Sunday 17th April at the Assen circuit in Holland.

Sam:

"I am really happy, Scassa and I definitely have a gap on the rest of the field and if anything, my race pace is a little bit better than we showed in qualifying. Tyre wear will be an issue here and my Parkalgar Honda manages its tyres well so we can race right to the end. I rode plenty more laps and made changes to the balance of the bike. Every session I have got better and better and we are in good shape for the race - my Parkalgar Honda is balanced, handling well and looking after the tyre. This is my third front row of the year, that's mega!"

Miguel:

"My confidence continues to build and 14th is not so bad, the grid here is very fast. I've improved every session and we know what direction we need to take the Parkalgar Honda for the race to make further speed. I am always a better racer than qualifier so I hope to get a good start and to be fighting for the top 10."

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager:

"Great performance by Sam, seven minutes to go he was fastest but we didn't want to use another tyre so we have more options for the race. We were pipped at the end but it's a great job by Sam and the team.

"Miguel improved again and is on good form. He might have liked to be higher up than 14th but there is a tremendous depth to the field, he has a chance for a top 10 finish."

Final Qualification

1. Luca Scassa ITA ParkinGO Yamaha YZF-R6 1min 38.008s
2. Sam Lowes GBR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR 1min 38.289s
3. Broc Parkes AUS Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R 1min 38.647s
4. Fabien Foret FRA Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR 1min 38.870s
5. Florian Marino FRA Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR 1min 38.945s
6. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO Yamaha YZF-R6 1min 39.007s
7. David Salom ESP Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R 1min 39.191s
8. Roberto Tamburini ITA Bike Service Yamaha YZF-R6 1min 39.483s
9. Robbin Harms DEN Harms Benjan Honda CBR600RR 1min 39.726s
10. Massimo Roccoli ITA Lorenzini Kawasaki ZX-6R 1min 39.752s
14. Miguel Praia POR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR 1min 40.589s.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Website Find Reply