SPLITLATH READY FOR BRITISH SUPERBIKE DEBUT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SPLITLATH READY FOR BRITISH SUPERBIKE DEBUT
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport are ready to tackle their first season in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship when the series roars into action at Brands Hatch this weekend.

Hudson Kennaugh returns to the squad which powered him to the runner-up spot in the 2010 Mirror.co.uk BSB-Evo Championship, alongside Jenny Tinmouth, who makes history as the first female to tackle the leading domestic series.

Both riders will get their first taste of their 2011 machines in their entirety on Friday morning after development of the Aprilia RSV4 was delayed. But the team have worked around the clock over the last week and the stunning Italian machines are now ready to roll out on Friday morning.

Team boss John Dimbylow said:

“We’ve had an incredibly hectic week but everything looks in place for us to hit the ground running on Friday. There has been a lot of running about and sleepless nights but we’re confident we have cracked it.

“I have so much confidence in Hudson’s riding ability, I know he is more than capable of getting out there and riding the wheels of the thing. It’s all new for Jenny, but she is a talented rider and I believe she will be able to deliver the goods.

“We may not have had the track time our rivals have had, but I think as long as our engines are strong then we’ll give a lot of people a shock this weekend.”

Hudson Kennaugh admits he can’t wait to get back onboard.

“I think our catchphrase for this weekend is going to be ‘one step at a time’. We haven’t tested the bike in its entirety, but we have tested little bits here and there and I have to say the bike is awesome.

“I think at the end of Friday after the first shakedown we’ll have a good idea of which direction we need to go in, but I’m feeling very positive at this point. I have to thank the team because they have worked tirelessly this last week to get the bikes ready, particularly John who has grafted hard to make this possible.”

Jenny Tinmouth added:

“I’m very excited and I just can’t wait to get out on the bike. It’s been a long off-season and I’m looking forward to finally getting going.

“Being realistic, I guess I need to treat the weekend as a test but I’m looking forward to getting out on the bike and getting used to it – and having some fun while I’m out there.”

The first round of the 2011 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship gets underway with practice sessions this Friday and Saturday, ahead of qualifying on Easter Sunday. Both races will be held on Easter Monday.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Website Find Reply