MARTIN ALL SET FOR COOKSTOWN 100
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARTIN ALL SET FOR COOKSTOWN 100
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Guy Martin will make his pure road racing debut in Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing livery at the Cookstown 100, Northern Ireland's opening road race of the season on April 29 & 30.

The event will be used as a North West 200 shakedown for the Lincolnshire man, who hasn't raced at the County Tyrone circuit since 2005. He will ride his GSX-R600 and GSX-R1000 Superstock machines at the event. In preparation for event, he will also race this weekend at Brands Hatch in the opening round of the British Superbike Championship.

[Image: guymartin2011-1.jpg]

Guy Martin:

"I'm looking forward to Brands but it's hard to beat a bit of pure road racing. We've had plenty of testing time, but 'yeah... there's nothing like a bit of racing to get you ready for the real thing. This will give us a chance to try the bikes out on a road circuit, which at the end of the day is where we intend racing them. I haven't been at Cookstown for quite some time but it's only a little circuit so we'll be spot on."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"The organisers and local fans are very enthusiastic about the Cookstown 100 and with our team based just up the road in Moneymore; it'll do us no harm to show them a bit of support. We always try to make an effort and go there when circumstances allow, and even though it clashes with the Oulton Park BSB we will work around it. It's always beneficial to get out on a road circuit before the North West 200, but with Guy being a relative newcomer to Cookstown, we will be realistic with our expectations."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: MARTIN ALL SET FOR COOKSTOWN 100
So he is giving the Wedding a miss then ?
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
24-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Website Find Reply