Kiyo turns up the heat at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo turns up the heat at Brands Hatch
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Defending champion Ryuichi Kiyonari turned up the heat on his rivals at Brands Hatch this morning, powering the HM Plant Honda to the top of the times in the opening free practice session for the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

The second HM Plant Honda of Shane 'Shakey' Byrne had been the fastest rider on track yesterday and he was the first to take his turn at the top of the times before John Hopkins also enjoyed a spell at the top.

Kiyonari had made steps forward following yesterday's opening session to post the fastest time of the weekend so far with a 45.687s with 30 minutes of the session remaining, just 0.081s ahead Swan Yamaha's Michael Laverty who moved second with just over ten minutes left of the session. Tommy Hill moved up to third on his final lap of the session, displacing Hopkins who ended the session fourth fastest.

Josh Brookes was back on track after his crash at Druids yesterday and set the fifth fastest time on the Relentless Suzuki with Dan Linfoot moving up the order in the final minute to end sixth on the times for the Sorrymate.com Honda team.

Michael Rutter moved inside the top ten this morning with a time to put him seventh fastest on the Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati with Jon Kirkham in eighth after running as high as third earlier in the session.

Stuart Easton was the leading MSS Colchester Kawasaki in ninth, whilst Byrne dropped to tenth. The WFR Honda team led the Mirror.co.uk BSB Evo contenders with Alex Lowes the fastest of the trio in 14th place.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, free practice one result:

Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 45.687s
Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +0.081s
Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) +0.088s
John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) +0.186s
Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.259s
Dan Linfoot (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +0.302s
Michael Rutter (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) +0.307s
Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing) +0.335s
Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.366s
Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +0.427s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Website Find Reply