Laverty: I was lucky to walk away
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty: I was lucky to walk away
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

Michael Laverty is feeling upbeat despite his high-speed crash in the opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race of the day at Brands Hatch and is now aiming to make amends in the final race of the day.

Laverty had moved into the lead and was holding off the challenges of Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Tommy Hill, but on the eleventh lap he crashed in spectacular style whilst the riders behind him both swerved to avoid him. Laverty though is now eager to prove what he was capable of as the countdown to the final race of the day continues.

[Image: lavertyoffbrands.jpg]

Laverty said:

"I am feeling a little bit sore, but I was able to walk away from a really big crash so that is the main thing. The Swan Yamaha team have worked hard to get the bike back together for the second race. It's a shame as I felt quite good and I was feeling confident. It was a big crash, the tyre just spun and I didn't have time to save it. I did get clipped by Tommy but I was so lucky that both him and Shakey were able to miss me. I just want to get out for race two now and try and get the result we deserve."
25-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Website Find Reply