Laverty needs Croft win to make amends
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty needs Croft win to make amends
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

Michael Laverty admits he is disappointed that he is yet to finish on the podium at the opening two rounds of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, but is hoping that he can make amends this weekend at Swan Yamaha's home round of Croft.

Laverty has proved his pace by leading races so far this season, but a high-speed crash at Brands Hatch and some mistakes at Oulton Park have seen him finish no higher than fourth from the first four races; something he is desperate to change this weekend.

Laverty said:

"I am looking forward to Croft as last season I would say that it was the circuit where I had my best race of the year. It is good to be back out again so quickly after the last round as I haven't finished on the podium yet and I feel that I need to put that right; especially after running so strong in all four races so far. I know that we can win and I just need to go out and prove that at the weekend. It is the Swan Yamaha team's home round at Croft so it would be nice to get the first win of the season there. We know we are capable of winning, so I won't be looking for anything less at Croft."
12-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Website Find Reply