SPLITLATH READY FOR CROFT BATTLE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SPLITLATH READY FOR CROFT BATTLE
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport are gearing up for Round Three of MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship as the series heads to Croft Circuit in North Yorkshire this weekend.

Riders Hudson Kennaugh and Jenny Tinmouth are looking forward to continuing development work on the Aprilia RSV4 at a track which is expected to be one where the bike goes well.

Last time the team visited Croft in 2010, Hudson Kennaugh won both BSB-Evo races on his way to finishing runner-up in the championship.

“I’m hoping to just continue to chip away at it and get closer to the front this weekend,” said Kennaugh. “We have a few little things to sort out that came up at Oulton Park, and if we can get on it this weekend we should make some great progress.

“I think the bike suits this track a lot more than it did Oulton. Last year both of our bikes were strong at Croft, we were alright there. We just need to keep working hard and hopefully we can deliver some strong results this weekend.”

Jenny Tinmouth meanwhile is looking to build on her solid progress at Anglesey last weekend where she took part in a round of Thundersport GP to get some track time under her belt. After just missing out on making the grid at Oulton Park, she hopes this weekend will be her time to shine.

“I’m excited now, especially after Anglesey. I had plenty of track time on the bike and I felt like we really had made some good steps in the right direction,” she said.

“I can’t wait for Croft to get back out there and see what we can achieve. I’m obviously hoping for a better round, and Croft is as good a place as any to make my debut, especially since it’s a track which should suit the Aprilia.”

Team boss John Dimbylow remains upbeat about his team’s chances this weekend. “I am a little concerned because we’re heading so far north, any further and I think it would give me a nose bleed,” he chuckled.

“But I think we’re all optimistic. We had two good races here last season and we’ve just got to keep working on the set-up and pushing on. We will try a few different things and I know at some point everything will just click.

“The team are feeling confident, Jenny is a lot happier now after Anglesey, and we’re all looking forward to seeing how much progress we can make this weekend.“
12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Website Find Reply