Alex Lowes to replace injured Stuart Easton at MSS Colchester Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Alex Lowes to replace injured Stuart Easton at MSS Colchester Kawasaki
[Image: msskawasakigif.jpg]

Alex Lowes will move into the British Superbike big time at Thruxton this weekend after signing for the MSS Colchester Kawasaki team.

The Lincoln rider, who was axed by WFR Honda last week when he refused to sign a long-term management contract with the team, will replace the injured Stuart Easton.

The Scot suffered a broken femur in practice for the North West 200 last week and faces an extended spell on the sidelines.

“It’s a strange situation because I really wanted to get a BSB ride, but this isn’t how I wanted it to happen obviously,” said Lowes.

“It’s a great opportunity to get out on the MSS bike, but the focus has got to be on Stuart’s recovery.

“He’s a mega racer and a real inspiration to lots of young riders.

“We all want to see him back where he belongs at BSB.”

The highly-rated Lowes was the obvious candidate to fill Easton’s shoes after testing for the Essex-based outfit over the winter.

The 20-year-old has shot to prominence this year after some outstanding displays for Evo class outfit WFR Honda.

Lowes leads the Evo standings by 60 points after five wins out of six. He has also given riders in the main championship, like Easton and team-mate Gary Mason, a run for their money.

MSS team boss Nick Morgan admitted that the timing of Lowes’ signing was difficult in light of Easton’s serious injuries.

“The thoughts of our whole team are with Stuart, (wife) Claire and (son) Finlay and their families,” said Morgan.

“He has lots of work to do and will need plenty of support, which I know he will get.

“With regards to Thruxton, this is a really difficult decision to make at such an exceptionally sensitive time.

“If I’m honest both ourselves and Alex feel terrible over the timing.

“That said, Alex has no ride and when we approached him he was keen to try to ride the bike and continue the great development job that both Stuart and Gary have carried out.”

In Easton’s hands, the Kawasaki has been one of the front-runners in BSB this season.
24-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Website Find Reply