Marshalls dissent Over Comments
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments
Now I am a retired old cynic,but I sincerely believe that someone who takes on the responsibility to be CoC for the TT and who gets very handsomely paid must be highly professional at all times.

Although some say the marshals should keep quite and go with the flow the same must apply to the other side of the equation ie even under the most extreme pressure of holding the top job you should always be cognisant of engaging brain before operating mouth.

I know from personal experience that ACU Events personnel have a less than latent bullying trait and whilst strong leadership is most certainly necessary disregarding the sensitivities of all people involved in the running of the races is not the way forward.I truly think that the 'open mike' showed Mr Nelson in his true colours.I am sure it was not a heat of the moment thing.

Those of you who heard the apology must also have heard Chief Constable Mike Langdons remarks as well.
The overall impression I got from his comments was one of downplaying the situation and of being somewhat patronising to the marshals by implying you have your apology now just pipe down and get on with it,it'stough for all of us but of course not all of us are volunteers.......are we.
07-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by Malcolm - 02-06-2011, 10:23 PM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by Malcolm - 03-06-2011, 01:16 PM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by Gstarron - 05-06-2011, 03:09 AM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by The Bag - 05-06-2011, 12:14 PM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by Malcolm - 06-06-2011, 09:50 AM
RE: Marshalls dissent Over Comments - by beepee - 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM