Killalane Cancelled
Anonymous
Unregistered

Killalane Cancelled
According to reports on other sites Killalane Roadraces in Sept have been cancelled, must be a massive blow for the organising club and for the riders and spectators.
31-07-2002, 04:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Killalane Cancelled
Pykey

Were you planning to go ? Although I think theres to many Irish Road races...quality not quantity would be better for the sport.
31-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pray tell us all Mr Smith (made up name) which Irish road races would you prefer to axe?

31-07-2002, 04:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ignore him Cargo. It's the same person who was posting under the name 'Hello' and various others a while ago. He's got an empty life and has nothing better to do with his time than to post utter drivel on the bulletin board.
Good luck at the Manx.
31-07-2002, 04:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cargo

I would like to see the Cookstown,Tandragee,Dundrod 150,Mid Antrim,Skerries and Monaghan road races form an Irish National Championship.
To many road races,the average fan can't follow them all,loses track of whos were in the champioship table.
We need quality not quantity.
01-08-2002, 02:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's fair to say that the "average fan" can't go to all the road races.
But for sure the "average fan" has NO problem keeping up with championship position and every thing else for that matter.

Perhaps you are a below average fan.
01-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cargo

Fair enough.Still think a stream lined road race champioship is whats needed.As apart from the Regal Championship,the majoruty of fans neither know or care who won the other class champioships.
The road race season drifts along.needs to be more focused and better advertised.
01-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I totally agree!

More focus and in the Media so everyone knows whats going on. At the moment it is just like ohh there's a road race on this weekend. It should be more like 'The penultimate round of the road race championship is on this weekend and so and so just has to do something to win it'. It involkes more interest.
02-08-2002, 09:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Micheal if you go to the Manx GP site you will find just such a story regarding the penultimate round of the Ulster road race championships.
This article has been repeated in other media too

Sometimes you need to open you eyes and smell the coffee
02-08-2002, 12:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cargo i will go along with that one in fact there is only one problem going to these meetings between the hedges its ADDICTIVE so much so i am looking at next week and planning to go to Monaghan, keep her lit Cargo.
02-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Michael

No wonder road racing is struggling,any sensible idea is derided.
At least the new UGP organisers are promoting and advertising their meeting well.

02-08-2002, 07:26 PM