FABRIZIO 4TH ON MISANO WSB 1ST DAY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FABRIZIO 4TH ON MISANO WSB 1ST DAY
[Image: alstarehdr.jpg]

Team Alstare Suzuki rider Michel Fabrizio recorded the fourth fastest time in qualifying on the opening day of practice and qualifying at the Misano World Superbike Championship sixth round in Italy today.

Italian Fabrizio - now fully fit - posted a lap of 1:36.546 and is now looking forward to consolidating a front-row grid-position in tomorrow's final qualifying and Superpoles.

Series leader Carlos Checa (Ducati) set the fastest lap; just over a 10th-of-a-second ahead of reigning Champion Max Biaggi (Aprilia) and well-inside the current lap record. Third fastest today is Marco Melandri (Yamaha) - less than a 10th-of-a-second ahead of Fabrizio, with the top 13 separated by less than a second.

Michel Fabrizio - 4th, 1:36.546:

"Today went pretty well and I am fairly happy with how things worked out. I found the morning a little difficult and was only seventh quickest. The afternoon session went much better and I was able to improve and make the fourth-fastest lap. Despite the recent rain, the track's grip was not so bad today and really my only little problem was with grip.

"This track is not an easy track - it's very technical and for me the hardest part is the first section because there are many changes of direction and it's important to have a really good bike set-up. If you can get through the first section well, then you can make a good lap. At the moment, the engine feels pretty good and the only thing we will work on tomorrow morning is the suspension - trying to improve the bike's set-up so that I can get through the first section better. Fourth is quite good on day one, but I'll be even more happy if I am fourth or better after Superpole because that'll mean my first front-row grid position of the year."

Friday Qualifying:

1 Carlos Checa (ESP-Ducati) 1:36.024, 2 Max Biaggi (ITA-Aprilia) 1:36.149, 3 Marco Melandri (ITA-Yamaha) 1:36.482, 4 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Alstare Suzuki) 1:36.546, 5 Troy Corser (AUS-BMW) 1:36.656, 6 Eugene Laverty (GBR-Yamaha) 1:36.713.
10-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Website Find Reply