Hill bidding for podium return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill bidding for podium return
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill is aiming to get over his frustration of not finishing on the podium over the past three rounds by returning to winning form at Knockhill this weekend (17-19 June) as he knows that podium credits will be vital if he is inside the top six ahead of the Showdown later in the season.

Hill got his season off to a flying start with a front row qualifying position and a win and second place at Brands Hatch, but forced to sit out at Oulton Park following a crash in warm up he battled the pain at Croft to score sixth. However the first race at Croft and then the first race at Thruxton the team gambled on tyre choice and with conditions changing Hill was forced to finish outside the top ten. This weekend though the Swan Yamaha rider is desperate to turn it around as he bids to close Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and John Hopkins.

[Image: tommyhillknockhill1.jpg]

Hill said:

"I am ready for Knockhill. The last few rounds we have run at the front and have been up there setting the pace in practice and qualifying but it just hasn't happened for us in the race with the lottery of the wrong tyre choice in the changing conditions. This weekend hopefully there will be none of that and we can just get out there and race to get the results that we know the Swan Yamaha team are capable of. I want to be on the podium at Knockhill as it is frustrating when you have been fast all weekend and then you are not up in the top three in the race but like I said, we are definitely capable of challenging for the win and we are all positive we can do it at Knockhill."
14-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Website Find Reply