Farquhar digs deep for Senior TT finish
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Farquhar digs deep for Senior TT finish
[Image: ryanfhdr.gif]

Ryan Farquhar ensured his 2011 Isle of Man TT races campaign ended on a positive note when the KMR Kawasaki rider took a brave 13th in Friday's Senior race. Having sustained substantial bruising in a practice spill last Friday evening, Ryan believed he would be out of action for the entire race week but having completed a practice lap on Thursday he stated his intention to race and he did just that, lapping at more than 126mph on his Superstock machine for a solid finish.

Despite still being in considerable pain, Ryan's sole aim was simply to finish the punishing 6-lap race and would have been happy to have finished in the top 20 but a rider of Ryan's class was always going to give it 100% and a superb first lap of 126.064mph saw him slot into a strong 12th place. He slipped back to 15th second time around the Mountain Course but another strong lap on lap 4, 124.727mph, saw him jump back up to 13th and, enjoying a good on-the-roads battle with Michael Rutter, he was able to consolidate his position over the final third of the race. The duo spent most of the last two laps riding nose to tail and Ryan's brave efforts were rewarded with a fine, and thoroughly deserved, 13th place and a bronze replica.

Speaking later, a tired, but pleased Ryan said;

"Six laps around here are tough at the best of the time and I'm really sore now but I'm delighted to have finished the race, and pick up a strong finish at that. Last Friday I thought there was no way possible that I could race but once I'd passed my medical and decided to give it a go and race. I just wanted to finish the race and would have been happy with a top 20 finish. Once the race got going, I rode as steady and as safely as I could but it was hard work especially over the bumps where my injured ribs and back were taking a real pounding. My first board said 'P12' so I figured if I could keep going, I might just be able to sneak into the top 15. Michael Dunlop came by me and I hung on to him for a bit but I was certainly struggling over the sections of the course where you need to be really committed. Michael Rutter then came by me and I had a real good dice on the roads with him - I've been coming here for some time now and I can honestly say he's the smoothest rider I've ever ridden with around here, it was a pleasure to follow him. There was no point trying to pass him as he'd caught up a lot of time and was obviously ahead of me whilst by lap six my legs were completely gone as I was having to try and steer the bike with my knees. If there'd have been another lap I would have pulled in but, luckily, there wasn't and I was able to take the flag for a finish I'm absolutely delighted with. It's obviously been a tough TT for me but I just want to thank everyone who's supported me this fortnight, particularly everyone who looked after me at the hospital. I'm now going to head home, rest up and look at getting back to full fitness as soon as I can."

Words: Phil Wain - Freelance PR
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Website Find Reply