Alex Lowes And Andrew Pitt Join MSS As Stuart Easton Gives His Fans A Recovery Update
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Alex Lowes And Andrew Pitt Join MSS As Stuart Easton Gives His Fans A Recovery Update
[Image: msskawasakigif.jpg]

MSS Colchester Kawasaki have signed young Superbike rider Alex Lowes for the rest of the season, after his impressive ride at Thruxton deputising for Stuart Easton. Meanwhile Andrew Pitt has joined the team as Crew Chief for Gary Mason, giving team boss Nick Morgan more time to run the whole squad, as the series moves to Knockhill in Scotland. Pitt was World Supersport Champion for Kawasaki in 2001.

Lead MSS Colchester Kawasaki Superbike rider Stuart Easton has spoken of turning a corner in his recovery after his horrific accident at the North West 200, less than a month ago. Stuart left Croft British Superbikes on a high after another podium performance and was holding third in the ultra competitive series, before disaster struck.

Stuart said,

“I’m starting to feel more comfortable, my appetite is starting to come back and they will be airlifting me to an Edinburgh hospital from here in Belfast, early next week. I’d actually be happy enough staying here the surgeon who did the work is close by but being back home and seeing my family will be great.

I’ll be honest, the first week was pure hell, lots of pain and I never wanted to see a bike again but now I’ve been watching the TT and GP, I know I love bikes and that’s what I want to do still. I’ve had another op on my leg to drain fluid and the external fixator should come off after six weeks.

You want to feel improvements every day and that’s what the physio is all about. You need a goal and I want to be rolling a wheelchair down the pits at Oulton Park before I’m up and about later in the year!”

[Image: seastontesting.jpg]
Stuart in Pre-Season testing

Team owner Nick Morgan said,

“We’ve had a crazy few weeks as everyone knows and we’ve made some big decisions also. Stuart has definitely turned a corner and although he has a massive amount of work to do to get fit, he’s a real fighter and the care has been superb. Obviously this weekend is his home race at Knockhill so we’ll all be thinking of him even more.

We’ve signed Alex Lowes as Stuart’s replacement whilst he recovers; if Stuart comes back before the season ends then we would have a three rider squad. Alex really is a talent and it would be madness to let him go. Alex’s ride first time out at Thruxton was a dream start, right up until his crash anyway!

We’ve also taken on Andrew Pitt to be Gary’s Crew Chief; he is a mega experienced racer and will be a great point of contact for Gazza and an asset for the team as a whole. Gary will definitely be back with confidence at Knockhill, Thruxton was a ‘bitty’ round for him for sure and we solved the problem that he had in race one.

In the Superstock class Howie has re-found his form and was right up there at both Croft and Thruxton so I can imagine him and Danny will be battling away at the front again this weekend.”

Alex Lowes (Championship position: 16th) said,

“I’m so happy to be signed up by MSS for the season, what a turn around from a few weeks ago. Obviously I’m here due to someone else’s misfortune so I can’t lose sight of that but I hope I can do the team proud from here on in. My aim has got to be to try and get in that top six and I feel privileged to be in one of the best teams in the paddock.”

[Image: alexlowesthruxton.jpg]
Alex at Thruxton

Gary Mason (Championship position: 12th) said,

“It’s been a horrendous few weeks, probably the biggest low of my career being involved with the crash with Stuart. I’m so glad we got over to see him last week, he’s going to need everyone behind him over the next few months. For me I want Knockhill to go where Croft left off. Thruxton was a non-event for me, race pace in race two was mega but we obviously started from pitlane. Having Pitty in my corner has given me loads of confidence but I need a huge points haul at Knockhill.”

National Superstock 1000 riders Danny Buchan and team mate Howie Mainwaring stood together on the Thruxton podium for the first time with Danny securing second and Howie third, with both riders looking forward to Knockhill.

Danny Buchan (Championship position: 1st) said,

“I’m looking forward to Knockhill, which is a track I love and want to keep up the momentum we’ve had so far. I’m testing at Oulton on the way up there; we’ve only just got my smashed bike back together again so she needs a quick spin. Oh and I have a new helmet this weekend, just to remind people I’m half Scottish!”

Howie Mainwaring (Championship position: 7th) said,

“I know I have the pace, it should have been two wins or seconds at the last rounds so there’s no reason why I cant start racking the podiums up again.”

15-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Website Find Reply