MILLER SIGNS UP FOR SCOTTISH INVASION
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILLER SIGNS UP FOR SCOTTISH INVASION
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport is delighted to announce the signing of American TT and road race star Mark Miller.

The Californian joins the squad ahead of this weekend’s round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Knockhill, Scotland, after two weeks riding the team’s Aprilia RSV4 at the Isle of Man TT.

Despite several setbacks connected to outsourced fuel tanks, Miller finished a credible 23rd in the PokerStars Senior TT last Friday, onboard a completely stock RSV4 APRC machine.

The former AMA Superbike turned road racing star won the inaugural TT Zero race in 2010 and finished second this year, and is now looking forward to tackling the Scottish track this weekend as he makes his BSB debut.

“The British Superbike Championship has been and remains one of the top-tier, most competitive, national championships in the world, and I'm looking forward to giving it a go against a deep field of quality international riders, some of which I know well from racing the TT and Macau Grand Prix,” he said.

“I want to say a big thanks to the Splitlath Motorsport team for inviting me to join their BSB campaign. The RSV4 is a proven force against machines in the EVO trim so myself and the boys will be working hard to put forward a maximum effort in what will be our first outing at a conventional racing circuit.

“The Italian V4 engine is so enjoyable to drive out of the corners and the chassis so nimble, the bike should bode well at this sub-minute Knockhill venue.

[Image: markmillerheadshot.jpg]

Team boss John Dimbylow said:

“What Mark did in the Senior TT was quite an achievement on what wasn’t much more than a standard road bike. He has shown himself to be a true professional and has slotted into the team really well.

“He formed an immediate affinity with the stock Aprilia RSV4 and competed well against fully prepared Superbikes.”

On his first TT experience, Dimbylow added that it had been a big learning curve for the team. “We will definitely be back next year with the RSV4, equipped with our experience from this year and will be aiming much higher.

“In an interview with ABC News, Mark described the TT as “the last free man’s sport” which I believe encapsulates everything about this truly great event.

“I would like to send my thanks to organiser Paul Phillips, Michelle and the girls in the Race Office, Chris Heyes, Dave on security and all the other guys who made us so welcome - with a special mention to the Relentless boys for their invaluable help in everything from setting up to advice.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Website Find Reply