RELENTLESS SUZUKI LOOK TO 'HOME' RACE AT KNOCKHILL FOR SUCCESS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RELENTLESS SUZUKI LOOK TO 'HOME' RACE AT KNOCKHILL FOR SUCCESS
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

It’s off to Knockhill in Bonnie Scotland this weekend for Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing, where they will take in round five of the British Superbike and Supersport Championships.

Knockhill is a circuit where the Northern Ireland based team have had plenty of success, taking Supersport victories in 2007 and 2008, and a double in the Superstock class for Alastair Seeley in 2009 – all on GSX-R machinery.

Current Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing BSB rider Josh Brookes has been on three Knockhill podiums since his first foray in the British series, and the aforementioned Alastair Seeley, now leading Suzuki’s charge in the Supersport class, is no stranger to top steps in the Kingdom of Fife.

Josh Brookes

“After a short break away from racing, I’m really looking forward to getting back into the groove at Knockhill this weekend. I’ve had three podiums at Knockhill but not yet a top step, so it would be nice to complete that set this weekend on the Relentless Suzuki in Scotland. I had a great time in the Isle of Man watching Guy take four podiums for the team on his GSX-Rs, so hopefully I can do the same this weekend.”

Alastair Seeley

“I’m looking forward to this weekend. I’ve had a few wins here before and I think I still hold the lap record from 2009 in the Superstock class on my championship winning GSX-R1000. We know how to operate at the sharp end at Knockhill and I think this circuit will certainly suit the new GSX-R600. The bike is nimble and the brakes are second to none which is just what you need at this place. I walked the circuit today and saw that they have introduced some high kerbs, so we’ll just need to be wary of them. It will just be a matter of being that little bit more accurate, but we are ready to go wet or dry.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager

"After a successful North West 200 and TT we are looking forward to getting back into BSB action at Knockhill. In a sense this is our local round being just across the Irish Sea. We have a good record here and likewise Josh has done well at Knockhill since he came to BSB. We will be looking for a strong weekend from him to get our championship challenge back on track.

"We received some updates for our bike at Thruxton which in all honesty has taken a while to get dialled in, but Josh should be well settled with them for this weekend. Alastair has also been strong in previous years at this venue and I'm confident the circuit will suit the new GSX-R600. The weather can play its part at Knockhill but as a team we are happy wet or dry."
16-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Website Find Reply