Lowes ready to fight for victory Previous post
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes ready to fight for victory Previous post
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

PARKALGAR HONDA’S Sam Lowes secured third place on the grid for tomorrow’s sixth round of the World Supersport Championship at Aragon in Spain and is confident he can compete for the race win.

Miguel Praia on his Parkalgar Honda will start from 15th after improving his lap times. The race starts at 1330CET tomorrow, Sunday 19th June.

Sam:

“That is another good qualifying – I have been on the front row every race so far this season and I am pleased to keep that record. I need to get a good start but there is no doubt I can run with Parkes and Salom. We had a good long run today and our race set-up is very good. I am ready to fight for victory.”

[Image: samlowesaragon.jpg]
Sam Lowes in Practice at Aragon

Miguel:

“I improved my lap times and more importantly my feeling with my Parkalgar Honda. I am a little disappointed not to be on the third row but I always race better than qualify so will be looking for a good race tomorrow and to see how high up the results I can finish – I am feeling strong and ready to race.”

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager:

“It’s another good job by Sam, he is one of only three riders in the 2mins 2secs band and certainly has the pace over race distance to compete for the win. He had two small crashes today but is absolutely fine and we later found that there was a technical issue with a fork slider that we have now fixed.

“Miguel is OK and is improving all the time. He is no stranger to starting around 15th and always improves as the race goes on so we are looking for another decent points scoring finish.”

Final Qualifying

1. Broc Parkes AUS Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R 2mins 02.093s

2. David Salom ESP Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R 2mins 02.454s

3. Sam Lowes GBR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR 2mins 02.708s

4. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO Yamaha YZF-R6 2mins 03.058s

5. Luca Scassa ITA ParkinGO Yamaha YZF-R6 2mins 03.140s

6. Massimo Roccoli ITA Lorenzini Kawasaki ZX-6R 2mins 03.441s

7. Fabien Foret FRA Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR 2mins 03.537s

8. James Ellison GBR Bogdanka PTR Honda CBR600RR 2mins 03.614s

9. Robbin Harms DEN Harms Benjan Honda CBR600RR 2mins 03.799s

10. Roberto Tamburini ITA Bike Service Yamaha YZF-R6 2mins 03.809s

15. Miguel Praia POR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR 2mins 04.762s