FIFTH FOR BROOKES AND SUZUKI AT KNOCKHILL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FIFTH FOR BROOKES AND SUZUKI AT KNOCKHILL
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Relentless Suzuki by TAS rider Josh Brookes started Sunday's British Superbike Championship first race at Knockhill in Fife on a positive note, carving his GSX-R1000 through into fifth place.

But luck deserted him in race two when he was forced to demonstrate his off-road motocross skills twice while avoiding incidents involving other riders. Although the Australian miraculously stayed on two wheels, he had to fight from the back of the pack to scrape in some points with 13th position on his mud-caked GSX-R1000 Superbike.

Josh Brookes:

"I have to be honest and say I'm coming away from Knockhill very frustrated after we looked to be making progress throughout practice and even into race one. We are still making minor adjustments to get the Suzuki to suit my style, but I'm beginning to rediscover my confidence and was looking for a stronger result in race two. Unfortunately a stop-start race two with a number of incidents forced me to the back of the pack and I had to fight through to score just a few points. Someone said I was lucky to stay upright, but I don't see much luck in finishing so far back."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's been a frustrating weekend all round for us. Josh has seen his run of bad luck continue at Knockhill where in all honesty, we did expect to see a turnaround. He was not far off the pace but again a couple of crashes made our weekend more difficult than it should have been. Race one was a solid result and in race two nothing went his way. It's clear to see we have not yet found the pace we are looking for from Josh so it's time to hit the test track and find a solution."

BSB Race 1 [30 laps]:

1 Tommy Hill [Yamaha];
2 John Hopkins [Suzuki] +8.907sec;
3 Shane Byrne [Honda] +9.123;
4 Gary Mason [Kawasaki] +15.354;
5 Josh Brookes [Relentless Suzuki by TAS] +21.816;
6 Michael Laverty [Yamaha] +21.823.

BSB Race 2 [30 laps]:

1 Tommy Hill [Yamaha];
2 Shane Byrne [Honda] +2.464sec;
3 Michael Laverty [Yamaha] +2.728;
4 Ryuichi Kiyonari [Honda] +10.983;
5 James Westmoreland [Yamaha] +17.370;
6 Gary Mason [Kawasaki] +18.557.
13 Josh Brookes [Relentless Suzuki by TAS].
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Website Find Reply