Davies Claims Superb Spanish Victory
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Davies Claims Superb Spanish Victory
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

Chaz Davies provided a remarkable race in this afternoon’s Spanish heat to claim his third victory of the season and fifth race win for the Yamaha ParkinGO team. A perfect start from fourth position on the grid saw Davies shoot into second place. The Brit immediately set the pace and was consistent throughout. Closely tailing Parkes for the first 15 laps, Davies moved in and was ready to take the lead, when the Australian crashed out of contention. Davies crossed the finish line just half a second ahead of fellow Brit Sam Lowes, in second. Team-mate Luca Scassa had a less fortunate race day in Aragon. Struggling to maintain the pace, the Italian lost the front of his machine causing him to crash out with just four laps to go.

Yamaha have further increased the gap in the manufacturer’s standings now leading by 27 points. Davies leaves Aragon topping the rider’s standings with a total of 105 points, 20 points ahead of Parkes in second. Scassa now sitting in fourth place with 70 points, is just one point behind Salom in third. Yamaha ParkinGo team head to Brno for round seven of the WSS Championship in just three weeks’ time.

[Image: chasdavisaragon.jpg]

Chaz Davies - Yamaha ParkinGO Team - 1st

"It was a very good day especially considering all the issues I had throughout the weekend. I went into the race a bit blind and knowing that Parkes was so strong all weekend. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I figured if I could hold on for the first 10 laps and make the tyres last that I’d probably be ok. I just had to make sure I kept the pace till the very end. I can’t thank the team enough for the hard work all weekend, they were amazing. It’s a pretty great bonus after such a difficult weekend. A huge thanks to all the crew, to Yamaha, Monster Energy and all my sponsors."

Luca Scassa - Yamaha ParkinGO Team - DNF

"We had a lot of problems over the weekend. Even when we were testing here we had a few issues, so it’s just not my track. We tried so many solutions but failed to find a good set up and improve lap times. Three crashes in one weekend is too much so I’m going to put it behind me, forget about the bad weekend and look forward to Brno."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Website Find Reply