JENNY TINMOUTH SETTLES BACK INTO SUPERSPORT AT KNOCKHILL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JENNY TINMOUTH SETTLES BACK INTO SUPERSPORT AT KNOCKHILL
[Image: jennytinmouthhdr.jpg]

Jenny Tinmouth returned to Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport action last weekend at Knockhill. Putting her early season frustrations behind her she was more than keen to get back into the groove riding her Manx Glass and Glazing backed Honda CBR600RR. Despite being, effectively, eight races behind her rivals, she came away from Scotland with respectable finishes in both wet and dry conditions.

Jenny completed 56 laps of the 1.27 mile Scottish circuit over the two free practice sessions held in wet conditions on the Friday, her best lap placing her 18th as she eased her way back into the class.

The track remained wet for the one and only qualifying session on the Saturday. Jenny had some traction issues during the 40 minute session in addition to visibility issues and ended up frustrated with 22nd place on the grid for the afternoon’s 18 lap sprint race.

Making her first race start on a 600cc machine since last October, Jenny got boxed in at the first corner and had to settle for 23rd place at the finish. With lap times from this race forming the grid positions for Sunday’s feature race, Jenny would find herself shuffled back to 26th on the grid.

[Image: jennytknockhill3.jpg]

Weather conditions had generally improved a little on the Sunday but as the competitors took their grid positions light rain made it difficult for the organisers and teams alike. Having waited a short while on the grid, the rain stopped and Jenny made a better start this time around. She found herself in a race long battle with two other riders, eventually taking the chequered flag in 20th position.

“It was good to get a solid race weekend under my belt. With everything that has happened so far this year I have had very little track time and we are already eight races behind everybody else arriving at Knockhill. So I’m happy enough just to get some quality track time on the bike and get back into the swing of things. I have to say a huge thanks to Greg at Manx Glass and Glazing, Fergus at sorrymate.com, and Steve and Martin for all their hard work over the weekend. I’m really looking forward to the next round on the Snetterton 300 circuit and can’t wait to get stuck in! ”

Jenny Tinmouth
21-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Website Find Reply