ACU EVENTS LTD ANNOUNCES THE SENIOR OFFICIALS APPOINTMENTS FOR ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ACU EVENTS LTD ANNOUNCES THE SENIOR OFFICIALS APPOINTMENTS FOR ISLE OF MAN TT RACES
[Image: aculogo.jpg]

ACU EVENTS LTD ANNOUNCES THE SENIOR OFFICIALS APPOINTMENTS FOR 2012 ISLE OF MAN TT RACES

ACU Events Ltd has undertaken a comprehensive review of the senior race officials ahead of the 2012 Isle of Man TT Races, which is scheduled to run from May 28th to June 8th 2012.

The review will see Gary Thompson MBE BEM appointed as Clerk of the Course. Gary has been General Secretary of the ACU since 2003 and was formerly a serving officer in the Army. He has been involved in the TT Races since 2008 when ACUE was formed, originally as Secretary of the Meeting and latterly as Deputy Clerk of the Course at the TT.

Commenting on his appointment, Gary said;

“Motorcycle sport is a life-long passion and having grown up in Lincolnshire I watched many road race meetings at places like Cadwell Park and Mallory Park from an early age. I’m a huge fan of the TT Races and it’s a great honour to be appointed to the position of Clerk of the Course for the event.”

Geoff Corkish MBE, MHK, Political Member, Isle of Man Tourism commented:

“We are pleased to have someone of Gary’s calibre in the pivotal role of Clerk of the Course for the TT Races and are sure that he will make a real impact in the running of the race organisation in years to come. I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank Eddie Nelson. He stepped into the role during a particularly challenging period for the event and was able to make his mark in delivering operational success.”

Managing Director Jim Parker said,

"I'm pleased with the formation of the new team, which is designed to comply with our ongoing succession plans for the future and to ensure the professional delivery of the Races for 2012 and beyond."

The review also sees the introduction of a Chief Paddock Marshal. Stuart Drummond, ACU Event’s Operations Manager, will fill the role and will be responsible for managing the Parc Fermé area, ensuring that the arrival and departure of machines and riders is carefully controlled.

The full list of Senior Official appointments that have been made by ACUE for the 2012 TT Races is as follows:

Jim Parker - Race Director
Gary Thompson MBE BEM - Clerk of the Course
Paul King - Deputy Clerk of the Course
Eddie Nelson - Safety Officer
Stuart Drummond - Chief Paddock Marshal
Michelle Haynes - Secretary of the Meeting
Don Ryder - Chief Steward
23-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Website Find Reply