Ryan Farquhar aiming to compete at Bush road races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ryan Farquhar aiming to compete at Bush road races
[Image: bbcsport.gif]

Ryan Farquhar intends to compete at this weekend's Bush road races after making good progress in his recovery from injuries sustained in a crash at the Isle of Man TT earlier this month.

"I'm not 100 per cent yet but I'm a good bit better," said Farquhar.

"I'm going to give it a go on all four bikes at Bush and hopefully I'll be fit to race and will be competitive on Saturday after practising on Friday."

TT winner Michael Dunlop says he is still undecided about whether to race.

Michael's brother William, a four-time winner at last year's event, will only compete in the 125cc class.

Farquhar suffered severe bruising to his back and ribs after crashing in practice for the TT.

The Dungannon rider missed most of race week but was passed fit to race in the end-of-week Senior TT, in which he finished 13th.

"I've done a lot of work on the bikes and it's my intention to practice at Bush on Friday and then see how I feel," the 34-year-old told the BBC.

"I'll be out on the 450 bike, the Supertwin, the Supersport and the Superstock and I think I should be fit to ride them.

"It remains to be seen how competitive I will be - the bumps around the course should be a problem.

"I may find that I am too sore to race on Saturday after practising on Friday, I'll just see how it goes."

Michael Pearson, John Burrows and Davy Morgan should be leading contenders.
24-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Website Find Reply