Shakey: Really pumped for Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey: Really pumped for Oulton Park
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne leads the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings by just 19 points ahead of this weekend and having missed out on victory at the past two rounds the HM Plant Honda rider is ready to up the ante at Oulton Park on Sunday.

Byrne was in contention at Snetterton but lost out after an epic battle with closest title rival John Hopkins in the second race and 'Shakey' is determined to make amends this weekend as his advantage in the Podium Credit table was cut to just a single point last time out. Shakey only took a single podium finish at the Cheshire circuit back in May, but believes the HM Plant Honda has improved since then and he is ready to return to winning ways.

Shakey said:

"Oulton Park is a track I have mixed feelings about because I really like the track but earlier in the season we did struggle a bit there and at the time I was so happy to have taken a third and fourth place. Let's not forget though that we have made big steps forward since then so I am feeling pretty excited about the races this weekend. After Snetterton I am really pumped to go back out there and take another win for HM Plant Honda."

Adult tickets for the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park cost £10 on practice day (Friday), £12 on qualifying day (Saturday) and £30 on raceday (Sunday), children 12 and under go free.

For further information visit http://www.oultonpark.co.uk or call 0843 453 9000.
14-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Website Find Reply