Hill: I thought I had pole
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill: I thought I had pole
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill looked set to claim his third pole position of the season at Oulton Park this afternoon but whilst he was returning to the pitlane, John Hopkins had put in a stunning lap to claim the advantage and steal the top spot.

Hill had led the Q3 session and after setting the pole position here back in May he looked set to make it a repeat performance, but it wasn't to be as his American rival stole the position back in the closing stages. Hill is in a determined mood though and is ready to challenge for his fourth win of the season tomorrow at the Cheshire circuit.

Hill said:

"I really wanted the pole position this afternoon and I thought I might have had it. I did two 1m35.2s laps with a bit of a gap and I thought I had it in the bag. On my last lap I had P1 on my board as I crossed the line with the chequered flag and when I came in I was second, but fair play to John (Hopkins). The front row was where we needed to be for tomorrow's race and it is good to know we have the pace. Oulton Park is one of the best rounds on the calendar and tomorrow everyone is going to be pushing for sure. It is going to be tight in the two races and who knows what colour paintwork everyone will have at the end of the day!"
16-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Website Find Reply