SEELEY AND SUZUKI PODIUM AT OULTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SEELEY AND SUZUKI PODIUM AT OULTON
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Alastair Seeley posted his ninth British Supersport podium of the season, finishing third in the opening race of this weekend's seventh round at Oulton Park in Cheshire.

The Relentless Suzuki by TAS rider did lead in the early stages on his GSX-R600, but at the end of 10 pulsating laps, less than a 10th of a second covered the first three.

Alastair Seeley:

"I'm gutted with that result. I did all the hard work and led on the last lap only to get outdone coming out of the last corner. I made a mistake so I've no excuses and we picked up more points, but I was surprised to see Wilson up there from his grid position. We'll make a few minor adjustments for tomorrow and hopefully be able to report back with better news."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"Alastair's race was always going to be tight, but he maybe lost an opportunity to get one over on Ben Wilson's lowly qualifying position today. Fair play to the lad; he fought back well and it was some finish. It's another podium for the all-new GSX-R600 and tomorrow is another day."

British Supersport Race 1 Result [10 laps]:

1 Billy McConnell [Triumph] 16:44.494; 2 Ben Wilson [Kawasaki] +0.035; 3 Alastair Seeley [Relentless Suzuki by TAS] +0.068; 4 Paul Young [Triumph] +0.767; 5 Sam Warren [Yamaha] +0.808; 6 Daniel Cooper [Triumph] +1.922.
17-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Website Find Reply