Barry Brindley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Barry Brindley
I don't know if it is true but I heard that Barry Brindley passed away a few days ago.Can anyone enlighten me?
15-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Barry Brindley
Sadly, it is true. see <A HREF="http://www.sidenet.co.uk">www.sidenet.co.uk</A> for details.
There is a lovely picture of Big Barry with Jock Taylor's Mum, Peggy, when he won the Jock Taylor Memorial Race a few years ago. Thank you for great racing memories Barry. My thoughts are with the Brindley family.
16-08-2002, 07:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is sad news, our condolences to the Brindley family and friends.Also sad and happy memories i expect for Dennis Trollope as the sponsor of Jock and Barry also.
Stella.
16-08-2002, 08:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a strange week. Anniversaries of John Williams, Jock, Elvis, even...and now Barry. Lots of happy memories of them all. We were so privileged to know them or know of them.
16-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't forget Bob McIntyre either, it was 40 years ago yesterday since the great man succumbed to his injuries.
16-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good grief, yes, and also Jack Gow a few years ago.
16-08-2002, 11:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will allways remember Mac especially that dreadfull day at Oulton when he was chasing the Mint in appaling conditions, another brilliant rider who gave so many people so much pleasure.
16-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Dad was at Oulton that day too, he remembers to this day sitting in Chris Carters' parents cafe in Derby hearing the sad news. Hard to believe it was 40 years ago.
16-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I feel unusually emotional tonight (not just the beer!)
I hope to be 60 on Saturday and was already taking stock.
Having had my own close call ay Cadwell in 1981 I am very grateful to be her.
But, today of all days, I am countinf my blessings.
I saw Mike in the island in 67 and on his comeback.
I saw Jock race and JR Williams, Renzo Pasolini, Jarno Sarinen, Tom Herron, John Newbold, Joey of course and many. many others.
The man who got me interested in this true sport of kings was the great Bob Mac.
Over my years of watching, I have spoken to Peter Williams, in depth, Tom Dickie briefly, Ray Pickrell, Tom Herron and goodness knows who else.
Names like Save Downer, Geoff Barry, Phil Gurner, Phil Mellor, Norman Brown, Phil Haslam, Gilberto Parlotti, Piers Forrester, John hartle and so many more flit through my aging mmemory!
As I look forward to my 60th, I say thank you one and all.
Thank you most of all to this most wonderful world of racing.
19-08-2002, 09:18 PM