MSS Kawasaki 3 opportunities for good BSB points for Gary
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MSS Kawasaki 3 opportunities for good BSB points for Gary
[Image: msskawasakigif.jpg]

MSS Colchester Kawasaki team boss Nick Morgan is looking to celebrate his birthday at Brands Hatch BSB on Sunday with, “strong rides from all four of my riders!” Gary Mason has a great opportunity to reach the all important BSB ‘Showdown’ top six if he gets three good rides in this weekend’s all important Brands Hatch event. In the National Superstock class Danny Buchan continues to lead the series despite an injured shoulder in his debut year.

Gary is currently eighth in the Superbike class, 21 points away from sixth position but with two triple header rounds at Brands Hatch and Cadwell Park ahead, he still has a good chance to make the cut off which will determine the Championship top positions.

Gary finished in fifth place at the last round at a rain hit Oulton Park whilst his three team mates crashed out in treacherous conditions. His Superbike partner Alex Lowes has alternated between BSB and WSB with some flashes of brilliance plus some painful crash landings!

Gary Mason (Championship position: 8th) said, “This is a massive round for me obviously and the focus is getting some good results and staying upright. If I can get three good outings, ideally I can get into that top six or thereabouts so we’re all set for Cadwell Park. I absolutely love the place, I won in European Superstock there for this very team, I like the flowing tracks and it suits the bike.”

Alex Lowes (Championship position: 16th) said, “The World Superbikes have been an amazing experience but I need to get back up the sharp end in BSB, this is so important to me. I’m really looking forward to Brands and I feel fine after Silverstone, most people thought I’d really hurt myself but I’m okay!”

National Superstock 1000 riders Danny Buchan and team mate Howie Mainwaring both came a ‘cropper’ at the last round at Oulton Park with Howie falling while challenging for the lead on lap two and Danny crashing at the same corner. However Danny still leads the series and both riders got out at Brands on a test day recently to get themselves dialled in.

Danny Buchan (Championship position: 1st) said, “Obviously I’ve been riding broken for a while now and I could really have done with the points to have created a decent lead at Oulton. I want to go to Brands, get some good points and then get myself fully fixed for Cadwell Park.”

Howie Mainwaring (Championship position: 7th) said, “I was on a bit of a bounceback before Oulton so to crash there was mega frustrating. I’m better than my Championship position and I need to remind everyone of that at Brands Hatch!”

Team owner Nick Morgan said, “The focus for the team is always to get the most out of all of our riders but I genuinely believe if we support Gary and he gets the breaks, he can still make it into the top six for this Showdown cut-off. It’s my birthday on Sunday and all I really want is four happy riders at the end of it. And yes I am younger than some of the riders out there!”

04-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Website Find Reply