BRANDS HATCH NEXT FOR RAPID SOLICITORS-BATHAMS DUCATI BSB TEAM
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BRANDS HATCH NEXT FOR RAPID SOLICITORS-BATHAMS DUCATI BSB TEAM
[Image: rapidracinghdr.jpg]

The Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati team return to Brands Hatch this weekend for the eighth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship as Michael Rutter and Martin Jessopp bid to close the point’s deficit to the top six in the overall standings ahead of the Showdown.

Rutter made a return to the BSB podium at the previous round at Oulton Park and now he is targeting a strong points haul in a bid to close down on sixth place in order to secure a place in the end of season Showdown. Martin Jessopp had a difficult weekend at Oulton Park, but back to full fitness after his crash he will be looking to build on his best result of a sixth place at Snetterton.

In the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship Michael Booth is determined to bounce back from his crash in Cheshire and is focused on a stronger qualifying performance in a bid to put him in a position to challenge for a top five position.

Rutter said:

"It feels like a long break since Oulton Park and this weekend couldn’t really come soon enough. It was great to be back on the podium for the Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati team at Oulton Park but we know that we need to repeat that again this weekend in order to get closer to that top six. We have three races so there are plenty of points available we just need to work hard and get the best results we can. There are still six races before the Showdown so we need to do everything to be back on the podium this weekend."

Jessopp said:

"I can’t wait for the weekend as the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit has to be my favourite on the calendar and we have three races to get the best result we can for the Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati team. Oulton Park was a tough weekend and we want to put that behind us and build on what we learnt so far this season. The track has been a good track for us in the past and now we have had a few weeks’ off I just want to get back out there."

Booth said:

"I like the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit but I haven’t had much luck there in the past. I am feeling good for the weekend though as I know we have the potential to have a good weekend and the Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati has been feeling great on track. I think if we can have a good qualifying session then we should be able to have a stronger race because that is currently where I am losing out. I really want a strong qualifying position and then try and get away as then I should be able to run with them."

04-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Website Find Reply