Barry Sheene
Anonymous
Unregistered

Barry Sheene
It is reported on MCN site that Barry Sheene has cancer,although most TT fans have mixed reservations about Barry i think the majority will wish Barry good luck in his battle with the dreaded illness, life sometimes is hard and we never know whats round the corner.
23-08-2002, 04:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Barry Sheene
It is common knowledge that Barry did not like the TT but he was and is one of motorcyclings best ambassadors---
Therefore it is sad to see that after all his crashes, bashes and thrashes he appears to have Mr C. as a part of his life--
I, for one, who has been pleased to make his acquaintance during and after his racing career, hope he will fight, as our friend Scott has fought, and that Barry will pull through---

Barry is another guy who, in the 70's, had time to chat to me and my son at Silverstone before and after that epic battle with Kenny--

We were also within hailing distance when Barry did spectacular things to both legs and I still have "the X-Rays" in my collection--

Good Luck Barry---You are a fighter !!!!!

23-08-2002, 06:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Barry is ever so popular in Australia. We are shattered as we have always found him a most approachable, knowledgeable and entertaining person. It is stated that he intends to fight it and I'm sure he will in true Sheene fashion. To think of all the injuries he has sustained and the danger he has faced and now this. His strength & determination got him through his last illness and I'm sure all the messages of support from his Oz fans will help this time also.
23-08-2002, 10:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A man who never gave up, I trust he never will
02-09-2002, 08:03 PM