Irishman Simpson Joins Splitlath
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Irishman Simpson Joins Splitlath
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

Splitlath Motorsport has signed Northern Ireland racer John Simpson for the remainder of the 2011 season. He will join Karl Harris onboard the Aprilia RSV4 in the Evo class at Round Nine of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Cadwell Park this coming weekend.

The 20-year-old from Antrim is currently leading the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Cup by 74 points over his nearest rival, and will continue to compete in the championship on the T3 Racing Triumph in a bid to clinch the title.

But he will also now pilot Splitlath Motorsport’s Evo bike vacated by Hudson Kennaugh earlier this month. Having tested the RSV4 at Cadwell Park last week, Simpson is looking forward to his first British Superbike outing this weekend.

“I’m really excited about it,” he said. “The opportunity came my way and I decided to grab it. I tested at Cadwell Park last week and loved the bike. I haven’t ridden a 1000cc machine before, so it was a totally new experience but I really enjoyed it.

“John Dimbylow has been brilliant, he’s 100% behind me winning the Supersport Cup so isn’t putting any pressure on me. This is a fantastic chance to get a taste of the Superbike class and hone my skills. I hadn’t planned on moving up to 1000s this season, but as soon as I was given a chance I knew I wanted to give it a go.”

With his Supersport commitments in mind, Simpson is likely to only compete in two of this weekend’s three Superbike races.

Team Principal John Dimbylow added:

“We’re delighted to have John in the team. He is doing a fantastic job in the Supersport Cup and by no means do we want to hamper his chances of securing that title so it is wise for him to probably only do two of the races this week.

“The team is completely behind him with this, and we will work around his Supersport commitment as much as he needs. John is a great rider with masses of potential and a great future ahead of him, and we’re all very much looking forward to working with him and helping him develop his career further.”
24-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Website Find Reply