Hill will settle for nothing less than podiums
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill will settle for nothing less than podiums
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill may have his position secured in the Showdown but currently having scored more Podium Credits than any of his rivals he is determined to maintain that position following the three races this weekend at Cadwell Park.

Hill currently sits third in the championship standings, but he holds 21 credits, one more than standings leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and three more than John Hopkins, who is sidelined this weekend. The Swan Yamaha rider is desperate to make amends for missing out on the opportunity for podiums when he was forced out of the Oulton Park round in May when he injured his shoulder.

Hill said:

"Cadwell Park should be another good round for us and after winning the third race at Brands Hatch I can't wait to get back out on the Swan Yamaha. Everyone can see how hard we are all pushing now and we all have a mutual respect for each other on the track, but at the same time we have a job to do and that is to win the championship. I know that some of the other riders have been out testing there, but that doesn't faze me and I want to go out and enjoy those three races now we are in the Showdown.

"I am two races down on potential podium credits because we missed Oulton Park earlier in the season, so I want to score as many as possible this weekend to put us in the best possible place going into the big Showdown. Both myself and Michael will be going all out to win and we can also use this round to make some changes that could benefit us in the Showdown. I will then approach the final races differently to last year; just taking it one race at a time."

26-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Website Find Reply