FOURTH FOR HARRIS ON EVO DEBUT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FOURTH FOR HARRIS ON EVO DEBUT
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport rider Karl Harris crossed the line fourth today in his first ever Mirror.co.uk BSB-Evo race at Cadwell Park.

Today’s MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race was the rescheduled event from Oulton Park, cancelled last month due to severe rain. Grid positions were determined by those set on the day.

Harris, who had been riding the team’s Superbike at Oulton, qualified for today’s race on the third row, but was always going to be at a slight disadvantage now he is on the team’s Evo-spec bike.

Despite getting one of his trademark quick starts, he soon fell into the clutches of the Superbike riders behind him, and was unfortunately passed by the WFR Hondas of Glen Richards and Graeme Gowland who took first and second respectively.

And although he tried his best to catch a charging Scott Smart on the Moto Rapido Ducati, he was forced to settle for fourth and 16th overall when the 16-Lap race was red-flagged on Lap 12 as rain began to fall.

“Yeah, I’m happy enough with that result as it was our first race in Evo spec,” he said. “I have to admit it would’ve been even nicer to get a podium here today but I can’t complain about fourth.

“What’s good is that we get another two stabs at it with the two races tomorrow. I know where we’re strong around here and I certainly think that podium is possible. I’m looking forward to doing it all again tomorrow.”

Team Principal John Dimbylow added:

“It may not have been the podium but it is a fantastic result for Karl and the team. We’ve gone through a lot of changes recently and things are really coming together now.

“We are making positive steps and are looking forward to tomorrow’s two races and the remaining rounds of the season. Today’s result was just off the podium and it’s given us something to chase now as the season enters its final few rounds.”

For tomorrow’s two races Harris will be joined on the team’s second Aprilia RSV4 by new signing John Simpson. The 20-year-old from Antrim, Northern Ireland, will ride the number 11 machine.
29-08-2011, 02:06 AM
Website Find Reply