Encouraging debut for Tommy
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Encouraging debut for Tommy
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

The Motorpoint Yamaha Superbike team with new rider Tommy Bridewell came away from Cadwell Park with very positive results.

To jump straight on the bike at Cadwell was always going to be a baptism of fire! Spending time on the bike through the test days gave Tommy a better understanding of how his new bike worked and although he could run very good race laps, he struggled with the soft qualifying tyre and missed out on a fast lap leaving him in a lowly 17th position on the grid.

Cadwell is notorious for not having very many passing opportunities, so race day was always going to be tough. Tommy came to race day with a great attitude and had to battle to 12th position in race one before a mistake caused him to slip off. Undeterred and from a better grid position, Tommy set about making amends in race two, with a shortened race he managed to battle through to 11th position and showed the team he has serious potential if can work out his qualifying.

Tommy Bridewell 1st race dnf. 2nd race 11th position

“I am pretty miffed really, I know it was my first ride on the bike but I know I can run top six. I totally screwed up qualifying and from 17th it was a nightmare, I have to give myself a chance by stepping up with the soft tyres. I don’t really have a feel for when the bike does not move around on full grip tyres. I know I can race the bike let’s get to Donington and have a go!”

Rob Mac Team Manager

“This event was always going to be tough for Tommy, Cadwell is pretty unique to work out without having to learn a new bike as well. For the team he was a breath of fresh air, very motivated and wanting to race, to come from 17th and push for the top ten around here was a good effort. We have to get him chilled for qualifying and give him a chance on race day. He has lifted the whole team’s morale and hopefully we can continue with a strong finish to the year.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Website Find Reply