Yamaha cross the Atlantic to Misano
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yamaha cross the Atlantic to Misano
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

With no rest after a grueling race weekend in Indianapolis, Yamaha Factory Racing head straight back across the Atlantic for the Gran Premio Aperol di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini.

The team will begin preparations for round 13 of the season at the Misano Adriatico circuit this weekend on Italy’s eastern seaboard. Reigning World Champion Jorge Lorenzo has an impressive history in San Marino with an unbroken podium run at Misano, scoring three consecutive second place finishes in the MotoGP class. The Mallorcan rider sits 44 points behind Championship leader Casey Stoner with six rounds remaining.

Ben Spies returns from the USA to Misano with high expectations: the Texan displayed his impressive overtaking skills at last year’s San Marino Grand Prix, recovering from tenth to take a respectable sixth at the line. Spies can also claim a World Superbike race win in 2009 on the twisty, challenging circuit.

Jorge Lorenzo:

“I hope to leave the last race behind us. We go straight to Misano now, a track I like and where I have won and got some podiums. My team and I will try to come back to the top and continue fighting for the Championship!”

Ben Spies:

“It’s pretty tiring heading back to back across the Atlantic but I have always enjoyed racing at Misano. I had really good luck there in my World Superbike year and enjoyed some great battles last year in my first MotoGP race on the track. We’re taking the confidence of the podium finish with us from Indianapolis so I’m looking forward to setting up on Friday and tackling the track on a factory bike for the first time.”

Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-09-2011, 03:32 AM
Website Find Reply