Redding continues strong form with fifth at Misano
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Redding continues strong form with fifth at Misano
[Image: marcvdshdr.jpg]

After a tough first half of the 2011 season the Marc VDS Racing Team rider scored his second consecutive top-five result at the Gran Premio Aperol di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini on Sunday.

Scott Redding was highly satisfied with a second straight top-five finish on Sunday as the British youngster enjoyed a productive Round 12 at Misano.

Following a difficult first half of the season Redding has now taken fifth place in the last two races – Indianapolis and Misano – and is showing the kind of form that had him marked out as a potential title contender before the start of the season.

Redding put on a strong display, leading the race for the early stages until tyre wear and a strong charge from his fellow competitors saw the fight at the top intensify and he eventually took fifth place.

“I got a good start and felt confident really quickly, so I just decided to go for it and hit the front,” said Redding. “I pulled a second quite quickly and I was able to keep a really consistent pace for first half of the race. But the bike jumped out of gear exiting Turn 12 and I face planted the screen and I easily lost four or five tenths. I did my best to stay in the battle for the victory but at the end my rear tyre had lost a lot of grip.”

He continued:

“I passed Márquez on lap 18 but immediately I was out of the seat, so I knew I was pushing my hardest to get that first podium. We need to work on the bike more for the end of the race now. For a fast lap it is awesome but we need to get more life out of the rear tyre. It was one of the hardest and fastest races I've had in Moto2 but it was awesome. It was hot and humid and an intense scrap, but to come from where we've been all year to be running at the front is a fantastic reward for all the hard work the Marc VDS Racing Team has been putting in."

07-09-2011, 03:31 AM
Website Find Reply