Wilson and Seeley: The battle continues at Donington Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Wilson and Seeley: The battle continues at Donington Park
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

The battle for the Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship title continues this weekend at Donington Park as current leader Ben Wilson bids to continue his winning momentum whilst fierce title rival Alastair Seeley aims to close the deficit.

Wilson took a double win at Cadwell Park as the Gearlink Kawasaki rider took his eighth win of the season to move 53 points ahead of his Relentless Suzuki nemesis who finished second in both races. However with seven races still remaining of the season Wilson is eager to maintain his winning momentum on their return to the Donington Park circuit, whilst Seeley knows he needs to close the advantage in the two races this weekend.

Wilson said:

"I missed having Donington Park on the race calendar last year; it's a circuit I like and have always done well there. From what I have heard the layout is slightly different but I am looking forward to a couple of good races this weekend. Obviously Alastair will be doing his utmost to beat me and reduce the gap but my Gearlink Kawasaki is running really well and the team have all worked hard throughout the season to keep me at the top of my game and I will be focussing on bring them back the results they deserve."

Seeley said:

"Donington Park is another riders' circuit and with a bit more development on the GSX-R600 we can hopefully be up there hunting for another double win. Ben is in a strong position in the championship, but like me he wants to win races and second is never good enough, so no matter what way the title goes, I'm sure we'll put on some great races this weekend for the fans."

The dicing duo lead the title race, but Oxford TAG Triumph's Billy McConnell scored a pair of third places at Cadwell Park and as he returns to full fitness following his crash at Brands Hatch the Australian will be aiming for his third win of the season. He edged ahead of team-mate Paul Young following the previous round whilst Sam Warren will want to make amends for a DNF in the second race at Cadwell Park. Christian Iddon on the third Oxford TAG Triumph will also be looking to build on the previous round when he had his best weekend of the season with two fourth places.

Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship standings:

1. Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 358
2. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 305
3. Billy McConnell (Oxford TAG Triumph) 180
4. Paul Young (Oxford TAG Triumph) 152
5. Sam Warren (Bike Interceptor Yamaha by Seton Tuning) 151

07-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Website Find Reply