Seeley - GSX-R600 SUZUKI SUPERSPORT DOUBLE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley - GSX-R600 SUZUKI SUPERSPORT DOUBLE
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Alastair Seeley grabbed his third British Supersport double-victory of the season today at Donington Park, rounding out a faultless weekend on his Relentless Suzuki GSX-R600.

In doing so he reduced the gap to 36 points on series leader Ben Wilson after his sixth and seventh wins this season in the Supersport class.

After taking pole position and a race-one victory on Saturday, the diminutive Ulsterman added a two-part race win today and yet another fastest lap.

He now believes the Championship will go all the way to the final race at Brands Hatch next month.

Alastair Seeley:

"Perfect weekends are hard to find but we ticked all the boxes and the 'wee Suzuki' never missed a beat. In today's race I was contemplating not putting my hand up when it started to rain as I wanted to see it go two-thirds distance and get the result, but I also wanted to be safe and not sorry. All the hard work was undone, as it was re-started in a seven lap 'dash for cash' but we got away at the front again.

"I was actually happy to hear a Triumph with me as I knew someone else was up there challenging Wilson. Iddon showed me a wheel or two, but I just defended my lines and when the red flag went out with three laps to go we had our second win. We've taken quite a good chunk out of Ben's Championship lead this weekend and with a bit of luck we can take it right down to the last races at Brands, where I feel I'll have a psychological advantage."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It was another great weekend for Alastair. To take pole position, both race wins and both fastest laps, whilst also closing the gap in the Championship - you just can't ask for more than that. Alastair rode faultlessly all weekend and proved he really is the right man for the job. Seven wins now also proves the strength of the GSX-R600 package, which we are constantly improving with time."

British Supersport Championship Race 2:

1: Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS)
2: Christian Iddon (Oxford TAG Triumph) + 0.128s
3: Paul Young (Oxford TAG Triumph) + 1.148s
4: Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +3.210s
5: Billy McConnell (Oxford TAG Triumph)

British Supersport Championship standings:

1: Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 391pts
2: Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 355pts
3: Billy McConnell (Oxford TAG Triumph) 200pts
4: Paul Young (Oxford TAG Triumph) 181pts
5: Sam Warren (Bike Interceptor Yamaha by Seton) 151pts

12-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Website Find Reply