Difficult weekend for Motorpoint Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Difficult weekend for Motorpoint Yamaha
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

The two young riders flying the flag for the Motorpoint Yamaha team had a tough weekend at the notoriously difficult Donington Park.
The super fast sections of Donington Park warrant a high level of confidence and commitment, both riders worked hard to find a feeling from the bike to give them the confidence they needed and it was not until the final race that the lap times started to come.

Tommy Bridewell 14th race 1 11th race 2

“That was such a frustrating weekend, I had forgotten how difficult Donington is on a Superbike and the more you get wound up the worse it gets! It was a real tough weekend and I am pleased to see the back of it! The boys worked so hard trying to get me confident and to be fair the race pace was not bad in the end. I wound myself up and expected so much more, in insight I am still learning the bike and maybe should have dealt with it better. Silverstone should be better and I am so up for getting back on the bike”

Alex Lowes 16th race 1 DNF race 2

“I can’t believe I got sucked into the Donington head mix up! It is the classic scenario, push too hard go slower! Everyone who has ridden Donington has suffered this at some time! I guess I was trying to do my best the first time on the bike And got sucked into being too aggressive at the wrong places.

Race two I got caught up in the first corner crash and finished the first lap nearly last, that made me concentrate and I rode so much better, the lap times came and I was making good progress until we had a mechanical failure. I am sure we have the pace and I will not let Silverstone mess me up”!

Rob Mac Team manager

“The classic Donington weekend! I have suffered myself and witnessed many riders get frustrated at Donington, there is no where in the world with corners that link up that fast like Craner Curves and you have to be totally on your game to make it work.

I felt for both the two young guys and my team, we worked so hard to try and get the guys settled and eventually had a decent race day considering.

I am sure with what both Alex and Tommy have learned we will be in better shape for Silverstone in two weeks.”

13-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Website Find Reply