Kiyo: I haven’t given up on title yet
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo: I haven’t given up on title yet
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Defending champion Ryuichi Kiyonari claims he hasn't given up hope of a resurgent end to his MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season despite lying 50 points adrift of title leader John Hopkins ahead of next weekend's (23-25 September) penultimate round at Silverstone.

Kiyonari has secured just two victories this season and currently is the sixth of the Title Fighters having retired from the opening Showdown race at Donington Park with a technical problem and he could only finish sixth in the second race. The triple BSB champion admits that although the title appears out of reach he hasn't given up hope with five races of the season still remaining.

Kiyonari said:

"The first Showdown round at Donington Park was disappointing as we didn't score points in race one so at Silverstone we have to try and catch up in the points so we are in a better position for the final round at Brands Hatch. The problems we have been having are not easy to solve, but I still think it is possible to fight with the other Title Fighters. The title won't be easy to win now but I haven't given up because anything can still happen; we saw that at Donington with Shakey and Michael. I will be trying hard to be back on the podium because I want to win still for the HM Plant Honda team."

17-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Website Find Reply